Funny how the recipe you have in your head has evolved from the recipe that you learned. Make a weekly batch of Steel Cut Oat Muesli, but the ingredients have changed over time. In a large bowl, combine
- 2 1/2 cups steel cut oats,
- 1 cup each regular rolled oats, coconut flakes, puffed amaranth, and raw cashews,
- 1/2 cup each mixed seeds, hazels and pistachios,
- 3 tablespoons cacao power,
- 1 teaspoon ground chai spices.
- 250ml honey,
- 1 soupspoon of coconut oil,
- 3 soupspoons of tahini
in a microwave-proof jug for 90 seconds at full power. Whisk thoroughly, then pour over the dry items and stir until all ingredients thoroughly coated. Divide the mixture between two paper-lined, rimmed baking trays and toast in a 160ºC oven for 45 minutes: stir twice at 20 minute intervals and watching closely for the last 5.
Level the hot muesli with the back of a spatula so that it forma a crisp slab as it cools. Break into shards and store in an airtight container.